TGIF, I am so happy it’s the weekend. I need some serious R&R. I find after a long weeks it is important to relax and recuperate.
Today I am writing about keeping locks lovely. For those who don’t know me I am a proper blondie. Naturally fair skinned, as a child I had extremely blonde hair, but as I got to my teens it started going darker.
I now dye my roots blonde. I have tried going dark before but as my skin is so light I look a bit sickly to be honest. Having to dye your roots frequently means that you have to keep your hair in good condition.
The man in charge of my hair is Frikkie at Carlton Lonehill. I have been to most Carlton’s in JHB and really find that they have such great stylists and the products they use really suit my hair. Love them!
Tips for healthy hair:
- Get a trim every 6-12 weeks.
- When I get my colour done I get a Olaplex treatment – this product is the best especially for blondes.
- I like to get a Brazilian Blow out every 6 months, this helps you to not use heat on your hair.
- Also limit heat styling to a bare minimum – this keeps hair in good condition with no dodgy ends.
- Use a good brush – the one I use is great for fine hair, the Michel Mercier Ultimate Detangling Brush.
A good hairdresser to guide you is the key to happy hair days hair, Carlton is a great place to start the process.
I hope you have a lovely weekend with many good hair days!