TGIF. I am ready for a relaxing weekend after a busy week. I love London and am so happy to have survived my first working week here reasonably unscathed 😉
This Friday’s recipe is a great vegetarian dish. I love it for lunch, served with a fresh rocket salad.
Zucchini fritters with fresh Tzatziki
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- Pinch of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the Tzatziki:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 tabelspoon chopped mint
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander. Spread the zucchini out and sprinkle with salt. This helps drain out the moisture.
- While you wait make the tzatziki by stirring together yogurt, onion, mint, salt and lemon juice. Taste.
- After the 30 minutes, squeeze zucchini out and wrap in paper towels. Squeeze again. Open up the paper towel and spread out your zucchini. Sprinkle with a pinch of flour to soak up leftover moisture.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, herbs and lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add onion and grated zucchini mixture. Stir well.
- Preheat over to 200˚C. Place a foil-lined sheet in the oven. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. When foam subsides, drop a spoonful of your fritter batter in. Gently pat with a spatula to flatten out the fritters, which will help make them crispy.
- Cook about 3 fritters at a time until golden brown on each side. Place fritters in the oven while you make additional ones. Serve as soon as possible with tzatziki on the side.
Yum! Enjoy it sweeties, tag me if you get cooking this weekend! I will be in full nesting mode in Fulham.