Happy Festive Friday. This will be my last post for 2018 as I will be enjoying the festive season and unplugging! I love weekend recipes and though this is an appropriate one for December. Gingerbread men are delicious, easy and adults and kids love them.
For the biscuits:
350 g Plain flour.
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda.
2 tsp Ground ginger.
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
175g Light brown sugar.
1 free range egg.
4 tbsp Golden syrup.
For the decorations:
Any treats you like! I love jelly tots.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon. Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add dry ingredients and blend until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out, knead until smooth, wrap in Clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm/¼inc thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cooled decorate with the writing icing and cake decorations.
Yum! Enjoy the baking and festive season! I will be bringing in the new year in Austria on a skiing trip. Be safe cherubs and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from BBC Food.