Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for one of my favorite protein muffins. I really love a baked good with my tea every now and then so these little babies are the perfect alternative to store-bought muffins.
The added protein keeps you fuller for longer, and as mentioned in my nutrient dense post blueberries are the best! Even though I don’t count calories for those who do one muffin is around 150 calories.
2 tablespoons flaxmeal
6 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
240 ml milk (Any kind you like – I use semi skimmed cow’s milk)
170 grams rice flour
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (1 scoop is about 35 grams; I use Protein World)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
100 grams stevia (Any sugar alternative you like)
75 ml rapeseed oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
190 grams blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two 12-muffin pans with 15 paper liners.
- In a bowl, mix the flaxmeal with the water and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, baking soda, salt, and stevia.
- Mix in the oil, lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flaxseed mixture as well as the vinegar/milk mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter among the 15 muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes.
These are great snacks to take to work, have as post workout fuel or freeze a few and take them out when the craving strikes!
I hope you liked today’s recipe. Do you prefer seeing sweet or savory recipes?