Today’s recipe is great for a quick weekday night, especially a Tuesday… Taco Tuesday!
I have been eating a pescatarian diet recently, these are vegetarian, but you can substitute corn for any protein of choice!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 chopped onion
Sprinkle of Old El Paso spice (You can get this in the taco shell pack)
12 x Old El Paso Taco Shells
Half a head of chopped Lettuce
2 chopped tomatoes
½ a chopped Cucumber
1 x jalapeno thinly slices
1 x Avocado to make guacamole
1 x tub sour cream
Salt and pepper
1. Turn the oven on to 200 degrees.
2. Cook onion in olive oil in a pan until soft and starting to colour.
3. Add your sweetcorn, salt and pepper and a generous teaspoon of the Al Paco taco seasoning.
4. Cook until soft and tender.
5. Meanwhile chop all your accompaniments ready to garnish.
6. To make the guacamole, mash the avocado with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I like to add a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Cook your taco shells in the oven as per the box instructions.
7. Once the shells are ready assemble your tacos with the chopped ingredients and corn mixture. Then garnish with the guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos!
Yum! Hope you all have a lovely week, it’s my Birthday tomorrow so I am a happy little jelly bean.